Divorcing spouses often reach a point in their relationship where they realize quietly going their separate ways is in everyone’s best interests. They know they need to hire attorneys and start the process of ending their marriage, but they don’t see the point in soldiering through an expensive, drawn-out, and emotional trial. They want a peaceful divorce.
Alternative dispute resolutions such as mediation and collaborative divorce help couples avoid complicated divorce trials and achieve a peaceful divorce. But these options only work if all parties have the right attitude and outlook going in.
Do you want to achieve a peaceful divorce?
No two divorces are the same, and everyone approaches their situation differently.
But these 13 actions are a great start:
- No finger-pointing or placing blame
- Letting go of any lingering animosity
- Showing mutual respect
- Exercising flexible thinking
- Maintaining open lines of communication
- Prioritizing the goals you share
- Being willing to try mediation and collaborative divorce
- Focusing on the big picture
- Placing the children’s needs above everything else
- Exhibiting patience through the process
- Approaching negotiations with no ulterior motives
- Being willing to work with the respective attorneys
- Considering individual counseling
Our mission is to provide clients with long-range perspectives and outstanding legal advice that help them rebuild their families after marital dissolution. Some cases require aggressive advocacy, while others require patience, de-escalation, and diplomatic solutions.
Especially when children are involved, we help clients develop and execute the best strategies to avoid leaving a wake of destruction, the brunt of which falls largely on the innocent and impressionable children of divorce. Christman Attorneys’ primary goal is to protect our client’s interests, equip them for a difficult journey, and deliver skilled and expert legal advocacy and advice.
Please call Christman Attorneys, PLLC, for your legal needs today!
Please consult an attorney for advice about your situation. The material on this website and in this or any blog article we publish are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. The attorneys at Christman Attorneys, PLLC, believe in tailoring legal advice and solutions to your circumstances.
We have an unwavering commitment to helping our clients at each stage of their legal situation.