Having to go through a child custody battle is one of the more stressful and emotional experiences any divorcing parent has to endure. Not only is your marriage ending, but now the kids are stuck in the middle, and no one knows what to expect or how everything will end. All you know is that your kids are innocent bystanders, and their well-being and future cannot be left to chance.
So, how do you ensure you’ll win your child custody case?
That’s a difficult question to answer. The Court only wants what is in the best interests of your children and will do its best to determine a stable home and each parent’s role and responsibilities moving forward. That could mean that you win custody. It could also mean that you don’t — even if you are a good parent and do everything right along the way. That said, it’s essential to work closely with a family law attorney experienced in all facets of child custody cases. Doing so ensures that you won’t make any unintended mistakes and can set yourself and your children up for the best possible outcome.
Here are a few ways you can tip the scales in your favor if you hope to win a child custody case:
Child Custody Tips
- Continue to take an active role in your kids’ lives. In other words, keep being a great parent.
- Ensure that every decision you make during the divorce proceedings has your kids’ best interests at heart.
- Keep your emotions in check and behave responsibly. A judge could see bad behavior as placing a child in danger.
- Don’t say anything disparaging about your spouse on social media. It could come back to bite you.
- Consider an in-home evaluation to show what environment your children live in.
- Follow any court orders already in place.
- Show up on time for every Court appearance and file any requested paperwork on time.
- Consider any special circumstances or needs of your kids.
- If your child’s other parent is truly unsafe, make sure to document and provide proof of what’s happening.
- Hire a competent family law attorney.
Child custody battles can be complex and even contentious, but there are so many parents who would rather put their differences aside and work together to amicably determine what makes the most sense for their child moving forward. Many times, these parents can reach an agreement without going to trial.
Please call Christman | Daniell for your legal needs today!
Looking for family law services in Collin County, Texas? Christman | Daniell is your premier choice. With years of experience and a deep understanding of the legal landscape, our skilled team is dedicated to helping families navigate complex legal matters. Whether it’s divorce, child custody, or adoption, trust Christman | Daniell to provide compassionate and effective representation for all your family law needs throughout Collin County.